If you’re looking for ways to incorporate more vegetables into your baby and/or toddler’s diet, you MUST make these broccoli pizza muffins! These savory nutritious bite-sized treats are sure to be a hit for adults and little ones alike and make for a great breakfast, snack, and appetizer. You can also serve them for lunch and dinner as a side.
I was inspired to make these after seeing how much my 10 month old baby LOVED the savory zucchini and kale ricotta muffins, which was curry-flavored. Don’t be afraid to introduce your little ones to all the spices and herbs. Since they can’t have too much salt, it’s a great way to flavor their food! I’ve found that my baby enjoys his veggies with much more enthusiasm if seasoned with spices, like cumin, curry powder, oregano, etc.
These are vegetarian, but you can certainly add in pepperoni, canadian bacon, sausage, etc. Texturally, these pizza muffins are very moist and tender so it will be super easy for your little ones to devour.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 med red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup loosely packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup whole fat ricotta cheese (can use plain Greek yogurt, if preferred)
- ½ cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 Tbs grated parmesan (can use less or leave out completely if extra mindful of sodium content for baby)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a blender, process oats to flour-like consistency. Combine with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- For the veggies, saute them in a lightly oiled pan over med-high heat, about 5 min, until softened. Add paste and oregano and stir to incorporate. Combine with the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry. Transfer to a greased muffin tin (I used a silicone mini muffin tin). Makes 12 mini or 6 regular muffins
- Bake for 30-35 min, until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Every oven is slightly different so If it’s still gooey on the inside, put it back in the oven and bake for additional 5 minutes or so.