Sweet Overnight Oats or Quinoa
These super easy and healthy sweet overnight oats or quinoa are the perfect make-ahead breakfast or snack for the whole family. Feel free to customize with your favorite add-ins and toppings!
Peanut Butter and Raspberries
Place all the ingredients (minus the toppings) into a glass container and give them a good stir.
Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours
If you'd like, add additional liquid in the morning. Once you achieve the desired consistency, enjoy with toppings.
It is best to add the toppings after the overnight oats/quinoa have chilled, so right before eating. That way, you get a mixture of textures and the toppings don't get mushy.
Nuts: finely grind them for babies. I use my coffee grinder for this and make a big batch to keep in the fridge
Stir, Stir, Stir! It's really important that you give everything a good stir before placing it in the fridge AND right before eating.
- Can leave out the chia seeds if you wish. However, you do have to cut back on liquid as they play a key role in helping the overnight oats/quinoa to thicken. It also won't be as creamy.
- They don't have to be refrigerated overnight, but I do recommend at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- Less is more when it comes to sweeteners, especially if making for baby/toddler. You can always add more right before serving.
- These recipes were developed with babies and toddlers in mind - smaller portions, less chia seeds (too much can be too filling for their tiny tummies. If making for yourself or older children, feel free to double or triple the recipe.
- Store chia seeds in the freezer to keep them fresh longer and prevent them from going rancid.
- Once assembled, these will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days. If you add fresh fruits, enjoy within 2 days or so.
- Hot or cold? These are meant to be enjoyed straight from the fridge. However, if you're craving something warm, then you can briefly microwave (45 to 60 seconds) or transfer to a saucepan and heat over medium heat until warmed through.
Calories: 171kcal | Protein: 7g | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 205mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 131mg