2 Ingredient Date Syrup
This homemade date syrup couldn't be easier to make! It's an unrefined sugar that you can add to just about any of your favorite recipes.
Servings 8 (will get about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup Medjool dates (140g)
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Place dates in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let soak for at least 30 minutes until soft and mushy. Save the water!
Add pitted dates to a powerful blender and blend, slowly adding in the water you soaked them in. Continue adding water until you achieve desired consistency (I use about 1 cup).
- The longer the dates are soaked, the smoother the consistency.
- You have full control over the desired consistency. The thicker you want the date syrup, the less water you should add, and vice versa.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2-3 weeks. Can also freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 128mg | Sugar: 12g | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg