One Pot Curried Chicken and Carrot Couscous
This easy one pot curried chicken and carrot couscous is the perfect baby and kid-friendly 30 minute meal. Made with simple pantry staples, enjoy as a main or side dish.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a dutch oven or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
Add garlic and seasonings and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or so.
Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil. Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until browned.
Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat and let it stand , covered, for 8-10 minutes.
Fluff with a fork and squeeze in lemon and zest. Add cilantro/parsley and any other toppings you wish.
- Poultry will work better than red meat. Dice the chicken into small pieces so it will cook up fast and make it easy for your baby or toddler to manage. You can also use ground chicken or turkey.
- If you want to make it vegetarian, chickpeas or white beans would work well! Add it along with the liquids.
- Lemon - This is a MUST ingredient. If you don’t have it, wait until you can get your hands on it
- Broth: feel free to use whatever broth you wish.
- Optional toppings suggestions:
- Cheese - feta or parmesan pairs best!
- Nuts - almonds or walnuts (finely chopped or ground for babies as they're a choking hazard)
- Dried fruits - raisins, cranberries, dates (finely chopped for babies)
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3407IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg