Vegetable Tortilla Roll Ups
These vegetable tortilla roll ups with chicken are the perfect make ahead snack or lunch for kids and adults!
- 1 (6-8 inch) soft tortilla
- 2 tablespoons Thai peanut sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped carrots and cucumber (see note)
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped chicken (optional)
Spread the sauce over the entire surface of a tortilla, from edge to edge. Add the chicken and vegetables and spread evenly over the sauce. Roll up tightly into a log.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to make them easier to slice.
Trim off the ends and slice into ½ inch pinwheels.
Roll up variations:
- If refrigerated, take the tortilla out and bring to room temperature or slightly warm in the microwave so it's easier to roll. Cold tortillas are more likely to crack.
Don't fill the tortillas too full. The more filling you place, the more likely you are to get air pockets, which will prevent them from holding their pinwheel shape once sliced.
Roll as TIGHTLY as you can.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to make them easier to cut.
Switch up the spread. Instead of peanut sauce, spread some hummus, cream cheese, pizza sauce, etc.
Fill with different vegetables. You truly can use whatever you have on hand!
Feel free to leave out chicken or swap out with any iron-rich foods.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 302mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g