Sugar Free PIzza Sauce
Made with simple, pantry staple ingredients, this sugar free pizza sauce is THICK and BOLD flavored! You can absolutely enjoy this homemade sauce with your baby, toddler, or older child!
Servings 28 Makes 1 ¾ cups
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup (70g) finely chopped or grated yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons (or more) finely chopped fresh basil
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, oregano, and tomato paste and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute.
Add the tomatoes and hemp seeds, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze the tomato paste. Once sauce reaches a simmer, lower the heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in basil. Enjoy!
Use a really good canned tomato like San Marzano. It is the main ingredient so don’t skimp on it! You'll definitely taste the difference.
- Allow to come to room temperature then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- To freeze - cool completely in the fridge and portion into freezer-safe containers. I love using the tray above. Will keep for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, thaw in the fridge overnight.
Serving: 1tablespoon | Calories: 19kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 28mg | Sugar: 1g | Iron: 1mg