Broccoli Hummus Dip
If your child won't eat broccoli or you've been looking for different ways to serve it, give this hummus a try! It's also a great way to pack in a lot of nutrition for babies and kids.
Prep Time 10 minutes minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes minutes
Total Time 15 minutes minutes
- 15 ounce can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked broccoli (115g)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (see note)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½-1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- water to thin out to desired consistency, if needed
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. You will need to scrape down the sides a couple of times. Add more water to desired consistency.
Taste and add more lemon juice, if you desire a brighter flavor profile. I like to use 2+ tablespoons.
Feel free to substitute with peanut butter or tahini.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 16mg | Fiber: 4g