Easy Quinoa Baby Cereal (4 Ways)
Making homemade baby cereal or porridge is SO easy and inexpensive! If you've only been serving rice or oat-based cereals, give this iron-rich quinoa version a try!
- 1 cup cooked yellow quinoa (160g)
- ⅓ cup water, broth, breastmilk/formula
Add quinoa and liquid of choice to a blender and blend until smooth. Feel free to add more liquid depending on your desired consistency.
Divide into ¼ cup servings and add desired toppings of choice. It's such an easy and delicious way to incorporate variety throughout the week!
Here are some EASY ideas for adding more variety. There's no need to measure, but here's a starting point if you need it.
- 1 teaspoon smooth peanut butter + 1 tablespoon mashed banana + a pinch of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cooked broccoli + 1 tablespoon hummus
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cooked carrot and spinach + a pinch of curry powder (a splash of coconut milk is delish!)
- 1 tablespoon full-fat Greek yogurt/ricotta + 1 teaspoon finely ground nuts/seeds
Calories: 56kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg