Strawberry banana pancakes
Made with simple, healthy ingredients, these strawberry banana pancakes are light, fluffy, and delicious! They contain no added sugar and are a delicious breakfast for the whole family!
Servings 16 pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour (140g)
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (75g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (240g), use overripe for best results
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup milk of choice, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries (145g)
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
Gently fold the dry and wet ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix! Fold in strawberries. Allow the batter to sit for at least 5 minutes.
Add oil/butter to a griddle or large nonstick pan and place over medium heat.
Drop 2 tablespoons up to ¼ cup of pancake batter into the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles form and the edges look set. Flip pancakes and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- First thing - bring eggs and milk to room temperature. You can warm up the milk in the microwave in 10 second increments. For the eggs, place in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes.
- Be sure to mash the bananas well! Small lumps are ok.
- Wipe out the pan between batches, especially if you are using butter, which tends to burn easily.
- Cool for a few minutes before serving.
- To store: in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 26mg | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg