Zucchini and Corn Fritters
These zucchini corn fritters are a delicious way to enjoy two iconic summer vegetables! Perfect as an appetizer, snack, or side dish.
Servings 6 fritters
- 1 cup grated zucchini (100g weighed after squeezed)
- 1 cup corn (150g)
- ¼ cup cheese (25g)
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour (40g)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Olive oil for cooking
Heat oil in a cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Working in batches, drop heaping tablespoons of batter into the skillet. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
Cook about 2 minutes on each side, until golden. Gently press down to help the mixture to bind.
- Be sure to squeeze out as much excess liquid from the zucchini as possible.
- Don't overcrowd the pan.
- Don't flip too early. Wait until the fritter is cooked completely through on the bottom.
- Lower the heat If the fritters get too dark. You are looking for a golden brown color.
- For best storage suggestion, refer to the "storage" section above.
Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg