Healthy Lunch Idea for Kids - Lentil Veggie Quesadilla
This quick and easy lentil veggie quesadilla is one of the many healthy lunch ideas you will find in this post.
- ½ cup cooked lentils (can use any variety), see note
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons salsa
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- a handful of baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (or more)
- 4 medium whole wheat tortilla
In a medium bowl, roughly mash the lentils with potato masher or a fork. Add all the ingredients minus the cheese.
Divide the mixture between two tortilla. Add cheese (you can add more if you wish). Top with remaining tortillas.
Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet. Place quesadilla and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy
Slice into thirds or quarters.
- I suggest cooking a large batch of lentils to enjoy throughout the week, like this quesadilla. Here's how to cook the lentils perfectly.
- Feel free to use whatever vegetables you wish - broccoli, zucchini, bell peppers, mashed sweet potatoes, corn, peas...
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 10g | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 7g | Calcium: 260mg | Iron: 5mg