As the weather is warming up, this crunchy asian soba noodles served cold is the perfect way to cool off. Tossed in spicy almond butter sauce with fresh vegetables, this meal can be enjoyed in under 30 minutes.
For the salad:
- 2 bundles of buckwheat soba noodles cooked
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 cups cooked protein of choice chicken, pork, shrimp, tofu, etc., or can be left out
- 2 green onions thinly sliced (more for garnish)
- A drizzle of sesame oil
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce
- 1 large garlic clove pressed
- Additional water to thin out dressing
- For the dressing - add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until well combined. Add water to your desired thickness.
- For the salad -combine all the ingredients except for the sesame oil together. Stir in the sauce and combine thoroughly. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with fresh green onions and a drizzle of sesame oil.