With lean protein, fresh vegetables, healthy fat, and whole grains all in one bite, this quick and easy Thai curry naan pizza is the perfect finger food to serve at and literally spice up your next gathering!
By the time you read this, I’ll be on recovery day #2 of my very first surgery EVER! I’ve never even been hospitalized once in my life, so you can only imagine how terrified I must be feeling right now. I’m not sure how everything’s going to play out or how quickly my body will recover and respond to all the post-op meds, so I’m writing this the Sunday before. Dedication is right ;).
After all, I didn’t want to miss the first Recipe Redux challenge of the year! This month, it’s all about igniting our taste buds by heating up healthy dishes with smoke and/or spiciness.
This was an easy yet difficult challenge at the same time due to the fact that there are wayy too many heat-invoking spices I love. I couldn’t imagine eating Pad See Ew without chili garlic sauce, baked carrot and zucchini fries without sriracha ketchup, to name a couple. These are both Asian spices, I know, and to add to the list, another one I absolutely cannot leave out is red curry paste.
Combine it with coconut cream and you’ve got yourself a super easy, flavor-packed red curry sauce that can be enjoyed as a dip for fresh vegetables, sandwich spread, marinade for meats, or in this case, a base for Thai Curry Naan Pizza.
You know me and my fondness for naan (chicken pesto naan pizza, lemon arugula toasted naan bites). It’s convenient, versatile, mighty tasty, made with whole grains (always look for the word “whole”)..what more could you ask for?
Total time to prepare this = 15 minutes! Serve this up at your next football gathering, wine club, book club…all of which I want to be a part of this week instead of lying down in a bed. These appetizer pizzas are bound to be crowd-pleasers, I guarantee ;).
- 2 whole wheat naan
- 1/2 cup coconut cream do not shake/mix the can - scoop out just the top layer of the can
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup cooked and diced chicken breast
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- green onions diced
- cashews or peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a small pan, heat coconut cream and then add curry paste. "Fry" over medium low heat for about 2-3 minutes, until fragrant and thickened slightly. It will continue to thicken over time.
- Assembly: Spread a layer of curry sauce on top of naan (I used about a tablespoon for each naan). Spread a layer of mozzarella, bean sprouts, red bell peppers, chicken, and green onion, in that order. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until cheese has melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle fresh cilantro and nuts on top as desired.