Here's how to make easy mini pizzas with all your favorite toppings. These little pizzas are perfect for a family dinner, kid's snack, or party!
Quick Mini Pizza
I seriously heart our Friday pizza nights. They really help alleviate the mental burden and decision fatigue that come with constantly having to figure out what to make.
We either get takeout or make easy pizzas like English muffin pizza, naan pizza, or protein pizza.
They take very minimal effort, come together in 15 minutes or less, and I can use whatever ingredients that need to be used up at the end of the week.
They’re also a great way to get your child involved in the kitchen and encourage them to try new foods and flavors that they may not have otherwise.
These easy mini pizzas also add an element of cuteness, and who can resist that? 🙂
Whether you are looking for a fun and easy kid-friendly dinner option, snacks for toddlers and kids, a fun weekend activity, hosting a party, or feeding a crowd, you need these little pizzas in your life.
I am highlighting just the ones that need further explanation. The complete list is in the recipe card below.
- Pizza sauce - can use your favorite store-bought sauce or homemade pizza sauce.
- Pizza dough - again, use store-bought or homemade. See below for all the options.
- Mozzarella cheese - this is a classic cheese for pizza as it melts easily and has a mild flavor that pairs well with a variety of toppings. You can also use cheddar cheese, provolone, gouda, monterey jack, or goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place pizza crust on a lined baking tray. If using pizza dough, roll it out and cut into small circles using a small round cookie cutter or the rim of a cup.
- Top with pizza sauce and cheese.
- Add the toppings, pressing gently in, and bake until cheese has melted and the crust is lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
Mini Pizza Dough
If making homemade pizza dough sounds intimidating, I've got the solution. Try this foolproof EASY and delicious 2-ingredient protein pizza dough recipe.
Or get some help from the grocery store! There are so many delicious pre-made pizza doughs that are perfect for mini pizzas.
You can also use any of these options for a pizza crust - English muffins, mini bagels (here are some fun bagel toppings too!), mini naan (which is what I used here), biscuit dough, or small street taco flour tortillas.
If you love the traditional tomato sauce, try this sugar-free pizza sauce. Or if you're struggling to get your kids to eat their veggies or want to boost nutrition, here are some fun sauces to try!
- Hidden veggie pasta sauce
- Thai Peanut Sauce - This is such a fun and unique twist! I like to top with bell peppers, carrots, bean sprouts, peanuts, and cilantro!
- Beetroot pesto
- Zucchini pesto
- Broccoli Pesto
- Beet hummus
- Pumpkin seed spinach hummus
Mini Pizza Toppings
Pizza is such a great way to use up whatever leftovers you have in the fridge. It has really helped us to reduce food waste.
Here are some fun and delicious ideas. Set up a toppings bar and have everyone make their own mini pizzas just the way they like them.
- Bell peppers
- Sweet potato
- Butternut squash
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Fresh basil, parsley, cilantro
- Chicken (shredded or diced) or chicken sausage
- Mini pepperoni
- Eggs (will be great for breakfast like these pizza eggs!)
- Beef (shredded or diced)
- Meatballs (cut into small pieces)
- Tofu (diced)
- Beans (whole or pureed)
- Lentils (Pureed and spread on top of the sauce)
Transfer leftover mini pizzas to a bag or airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! There are two ways you can do this.
If you want to meal prep and freeze without baking: Place assembled pizzas in a single layer on a baking tray and freeze until frozen solid. Transfer to a freezer-safe bag or container.
For freezing baked pizzas: cool completely and follow the same process as above. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to reheat, preheat your oven to 350°F, place the mini pizzas on a baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
You can also reheat in a toaster oven or microwave briefly (30 seconds to a minute) but your crust won't be as crispy.
I know it's tempting to pack on a lot to each dough portion or crust, but refrain from adding too much sauce or too many toppings. Also preheat your oven to ensure that the crust cooks properly. And enjoy as soon as they come out of the oven for best results.
- 12 naan dippers, or any pizza dough or crust of choice
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce, see note
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of choice, see note
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place pizza crust on a lined baking tray. If using pizza dough, roll it out and cut into small circles using a small round cookie cutter or the rim of a cup.
- Top with pizza sauce and cheese.Add the toppings, pressing gently in, and bake until cheese has melted and the crust is lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- I've included all the pizza dough and crust options as well as pizza sauces and toppings in the blog post above the recipe card.
- I especially love this 2 ingredient pizza dough and hidden vegetable pasta sauce for these mini pizzas!
Leave a Reply