These baked quinoa and mushroom beef meatballs are not only super easy to make but packed with wholesome, nutritious ingredients that the entire family, including babies six months and older, can enjoy! If you have a toddler(s) and on the lookout for portable, healthy additions to lunch boxes, these would be perfect!
I love adding mushrooms to ground meat. Not only is it a great way to amp up the nutritional value (it’s an excellent source of vitamin D, potassium, and selenium), but
it also helps bulk up the volume, making my pound of meat go a long way. And it enhances the umami flavor, which equals deliciousness!
I highly recommend pulsing the mushrooms in the food processor/blender separately, as it has a tendency to become this overprocessed, watery mess when combined with onion and garlic. This is what you want it to look like…
Hands are the best tool for mixing all the ingredients. Be careful not to overwork the meat, or else you'll end up with tough meatballs!
My baby goes crazy for these meatballs, and I have a feeling yours will too! The Hubby also raved about how tender and juicy they were. And if you have extra cooked quinoa on hand, definitely give these veggie loaded quinoa muffins a try as well!
Baked Quinoa and Mushroom Beef Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground beef at least 90% lean
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- 4 ounces baby bella mushrooms stems removed
- ½ med onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup thawed frozen chopped spinach (squeezed dry)
- 1 egg whisked
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or whatever seasonings you like
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 400F. Using a food processor, pulse mushrooms until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and then add the onion, and garlic to blender and pulse until finely chopped also. Be careful not to overpulse to retain texture.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix ingredients using your hands (but don’t overwork the meat!) and shape into small sized balls. Place in greased mini muffin pan (or baking sheet) and bake for 15-20 min, or until meatballs are browned and cooked through.