Eggplant Lasagna Roll-Ups
- 2 medium eggplants cut lengthwise into 1/4 in. thick slices (I ended up with 18 slices)
- 1 1/2 cup no sodium added tomato sauce
- 1 lb. ground turkey (or other meat)
- 2 cups of chopped veggies of choice (I used 1 cup of broccoli, 1 small onion, 1 small yellow squash)
- 2 big handfuls of spinach (can use frozen. Just make sure to squeeze out all the water)
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- topping: shredded cheese of choice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the ends off the eggplants and cut lengthwise into 1/4 in. thick slices. I used a mandolin for this. place on parchment-lined baking sheet, cover with foil and bake until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, add a little bit of oil and saute meat. When cooked through, add spinach and veggies.
- Spread 1/4 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of 13 x 9 in baking dish
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, cheese, and the meat veggie mixture.
- Spoon about 2 Tbs of the mixture onto one end of each eggplant slice. Roll up slices and place them seam side down in the prepared dish. Cover with remaining tomato sauce, top with cheese (you can decide how much), and cover with foil
- Bake for about 45 min- an hour, until eggplant is very tender. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
My baby’s plate: