A healthy twist on the classic creamy sauce! This easy kid-friendly cauliflower cashew alfredo sauce tossed with pasta or added to casseroles is the perfect comfort meal that the entire family can enjoy!
While the traditional alfredo sauce is made mostly from butter, cheese, and cream, this thick and creamy cauliflower alfredo sauce tastes decadent and comforting without weighing you down! It’s such a delicious way to incorporate more veggies into your kid’s diet and there are endless ways to enjoy this creamy and satisfying sauce! Stir into pasta, serve over vegetables, use a a dressing for salads, pour over cooked chicken or salmon, and on and on and on!
Cauliflower Cashew Alfredo Sauce
- 3 cups of cauliflower florets
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ cup grated parmesan can add less if you wish
- Place cauliflower and broth (or water) in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until cauliflower is fork tender and very soft, about 8-10 minutes. Don’t drain.
- Using a slotted soon, transfer cauliflower to a blender and add cashews, butter, cumin, and turmeric. Add about 1 cup of reserved cooking liquid to blender and blend on high until completely smooth and creamy. Add more liquid if thinner consistency desired.
This time around, I mixed it in with cooked vegetables (zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms) and lentil pasta and my 15 month old son absolutely devoured it! Check out @kidfriendly.meals on Instagram if you'd like to see him enjoying this meal